I love the old fashioned ways of Christmas celebrating most of all. There is something special about homemade Christmas gifts. Sometimes you have to bring something to gathering at a friends home or maybe contribute to your office holiday party. This is a favorite recipe I have been making for the past several years. It’s has that sweetness that nearly everyone craves and it’s hard to turn down taking a second piece. Enjoy!
Christmas Toffee Crack
This is an easy recipe to make but wonderfully delicious. I pack them in holiday containers to give as gifts.
- 4 ounces saltine crackers with salted tops (about 40 crackers)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or crushed pretzels. Colorful sprinkles add a fun touch too
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Line cookie sheet with saltine crackers in single layer.
- In a saucepan combine the sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over saltines and spread t cover crackers completely.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped nuts. Cool completely and break into pieces.